Fastship/fastyacht

Discussion in 'Software' started by RDB, Sep 21, 2004.

1. RDB

RDB Junior Member

I would very much like to hear from anyone using this software, especially combined with the Rhino marine package. I'm thinking of taking the course but I'd like to get some feedback first. Thanks very much

2. Tim B

Tim B Senior Member

I tried out the phaser plug-in for rhino some time ago (part of the RhinoMarine System) and I was not particularly impressed, I suggest writing one's own script/code for hydrostatics. The problem was that it only coped with small angles of heel. I'm sorry, but we can do GZ=Gmt*SIN(phi) on a hand calculator. I was also not convinced by the volume figures. Of course, they may have upgraded it (and I suspect they have) but I would tread with some caution. Incidentally, Gmt= 2nd transverse moment of waterplane area / displacement volume.

Sorry to say this,

Tim B.

3. RThompson

RThompson Guest

Hi there,

Does anyone have experience/thoughts on the "new" Phaser?
    (ie RhinoMarine Hydrostatics and Stability Plugin for Rhino)

Thanks for your time,
    Rob

4. Brett

Brett Guest

I'm sure you mean BMt=I/vol.

5. fireball

fireball Junior Member

Bm Or Gm??

For small angles of the value of transverse metacentric height GM is dependent on metacentric radius BM = Icl/Vol. However the value of KB and KG must be determined also.....

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.