Developing frames for a steel build from Delftship

Discussion in 'Software' started by soffi, Oct 14, 2010.

1. soffi

soffi Junior Member

Hi guys! I've read the manual numerous times, I've googled and googled and lurked the forums but what I am trying to accomplish is how could I get dimensions to cut out steel framing for a boat like this? Any nudge in the right direction would be much appreciated :)

best regards,
    soffi

Attached Files:

2. Lurvio

Lurvio Mad scientist

I'm still using FreeShip, but as I understand, the versions are similar enough for this to work. First, if you know where you wan't the frames to be, you should first edit the stations placement. When the station placement is OK, export 2D DXF-files (separate files is easier). Next you need a 2D cad-program, like BricsCad, which is a free software similar to AutoCad. Using offset you can now edit the lines to reduce the amount of hull plating, mark the slots for longitudals etc.

Hope this made some sence. :)

Lurvio

3. soffi

soffi Junior Member

solved! :)

Thanks a lot! I exported to seperate dxf files and then opened in Rhino, looks good :)

thanks!

-soffi

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.