Design Software needs

Discussion in 'Software' started by Millar time, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Millar time

Millar time Junior Member

Can one of you guys who are expirenced tell me where i could get a hold on autoCAD or design program of that magnitude to download for free. If not can you tell me a good place to buy in USA, since i noticed you all live in countrys way away.

2. JEM

JEM Senior Member

3. CGN

CGN Senior Member

4. Millar time

thank you abrile xpress looks good,i would like to have got free ship but it took me to like 10 sites then finnally said i had to pay so i droped that

5. CGN

CGN Senior Member

if you were not able of download freeship try this link

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/freeship/FREEship_version_1.80_win32_executable.zip?download

And about ALibre xpress, if you have any problems downloading try to contact the company so far i know they are really good on helping, just to let you know it is free but very crippled, so a lot of the main features are gone, but still capable to do simple parts, like bitts or small boat hardware and hey for free why not.

and for doing the rest of the work use ProgeCAD lt

good luck and let the forum how it work out for you

but if you don't mind expending some money for agood software download Rhino and TouchCAD demos this areally good softwares very complete and proven.

good luck

6. Millar time

i still have to pick a mirror and it i have to buy the server to download or something like that

7. Millar time

i am tryin the 25 sae version of rhino and see how that is by there website they seem very good

8. CGN

CGN Senior Member

You don have to buy nothing is free, you can contact the guy that wrote the software i'm quite sure he will send you a copy if you are having problems downloading the file.

or send me a private message with an email adress where i can send you a copy, and about rhino or touchCAD IMO this are the way to go if you are willing to invest some money and time.

good luck

9. chandler

chandler Senior Member

Hi Millar'
    I'm looking for the same sort of thing, could you let me know how you do??
    Chandler

10. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

Here's the .zip for freeship, version 1.80 for windows. If you need one for a different platform let me know. I will delete this in a week or so to conserve room

Steve

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.