Delftship DXF Files

Discussion in 'Software' started by mike1, May 12, 2010.

1. mike1

mike1 Junior Member

Hi, I'm having a problem with DXF files exported from delftship,
    I am using a cnc machine to cut sections , and I am using software to generate the G coding,
    the coding is giving a very slightly wavey line instead of a flowing curve, now this wont be a problem with the section because its less than 1mm but it makes the cnc go backward and forward and oscillate quite a bit.
    Am I missing a setting or is this the kind of DXF file that delft ship produces.
    It really is a bit of a hassle, at the moment I have to go through 11,000 lines of coding 4 times , to correct this
    I might add that I have another design package and this does not happen when I use it.
    regards
    Mike

2. Martijn_vE

Martijn_vE Marine software developer

Mike,

Can you post an example of the wave line and the correspnding DXF file?
    The DXf file should contain a 2D polyline with straight line segments, so there should not be any wavy behaviour like you say.

3. mike1

mike1 Junior Member

Hi Martin,
    Thanks
    I can send you an email of the G, codeing that will show the problem ,, off list perhaps
    Mike

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.