Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors

Go Back   Boat Design Forums > Design > Software
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Most Recent Posts Gallery Images Search

Old 03-03-2004, 06:03 AM

Rep: 10 Posts: 1
Circe 3d?

Hello,
I'm looking for CIRCE 3D software, but I didn't find informations!
Could you help me?
Thanks,
Christophe

Old 03-03-2004, 10:59 AM

Rep: 138 Posts: 547
check this sites
http://www.reds-engineering.com
http://www.bean.fr/section-index/

looks good
Old 03-06-2004, 04:46 PM

Rep: 10 Posts: 7
Maat 2000

Hello Christophe,
please have a look at the http://www.bean.fr and ask Erwan or Manu for information about Maat (formerly CircÚ). It's really a great great software for all naval architecture, but also ... a well kept secret ! (no I'm joking). It can read and export NURBS, but uses some other more powerful algorythms, the same principle than CATIA. They are actually working on a new interface which will make this soft much easier to use, a little bit like Rhino. The site is in english and those two guys also speak english, so if anyone is interested ...
Old 10-21-2012, 11:49 AM

Rep: 13 Posts: 25
Hello,

MAAT 2000 and MAAT Hydro are no longer kept secret and are now directly available on Sistre's website: www.sistre.eu !
Old 10-21-2012, 12:02 PM

Rep: 2122 Posts: 2,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by smp View Post
Hello,

MAAT 2000 and MAAT Hydro are no longer kept secret and are now directly available on Sistre's website: www.sistre.eu !
Can it handle submarines?
Old 10-21-2012, 12:43 PM

MAAT Hydro is mostly designed for calculating surface ships but, although less usual, it can, of course, integrate* accurately complex volumes like submarines (thanks to its direct BREP solid based engine) and, when a sufficient free surface is available, calculate their static balance.

When no free surface is available, submarine's balance is usually dynamic and, therefore, out of MAAT Hydro's purpose.

* The new 'superfast' version that will be launched this winter should allow processing even more complex shapes very quickly.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:58 AM

Rep: 10 Posts: 11
Question about MAAT Hydro

Hi smp,

You seem to know quite well this software.

In their price schema they talk about a endless license, do you know if this correspond with the 12 month one, or the prices they anounce must be paid yearly anyway?

Many thanks and regards,
Old 02-13-2013, 06:14 AM

Hi Pagliaso,

MAAT Hydro's licenses are currently limited to 1, 2, 3, 6 or 12 months, mostly for these reasons:

- The free demo version is fully operational (only overprints a 'For Demo Only' label on the reports). It therefore allows you to do all your design work for free and to only purchase a 1 month license when the final approval reports are requested.

- This license system allows responding to various needs, from students and home users (who can use the free fully operational demo version) to small or large design offices (who can lease it as long as necessary for the cost of a maintenance fee).

- This license system lets you free to stop as soon as you wish, if you are not fully satisfied, if you have found a better tool, or simply because you don't have any hydrostatic / stability report to approve for a while.
Old 02-18-2013, 03:05 AM

Hi smp,

Thank you very much for your message and sorry for my slow answer, as I had not seen your message until now.

Is the license for MAAT 2000 the same?

I downloaded the demo and I am starting to evaluate it, and I must say it looks very interesting. By now, I know you can import very complex geometries from Rhino like a charm, which is great.

Thanks and regards,
Old 02-18-2013, 05:06 AM

Hi Pagliaso,

Unfortunately, the MAAT 2000 demo version you can download doesn't allow saving any data and is, therefore, only an evaluation software.

Moreover, MAAT 2000 is much older than MAAT Hydro and its user interface is not so user-friendly, although numerous professionals still appreciate its ability to provide a reliable geometry of ship's structure...

Thanking you for your interest, please don't hesitate to ask further questions if necessary !
Old 02-18-2013, 09:21 AM

Hi smp,

Thank you for your email. I was referring more to the similarities with the temporary license of Hydro, if it is also licensed on a per 1/6/12 months of if you have the "perpetual" license for it?

Thanks and regards,
Old 02-18-2013, 09:32 AM

Hi Pagliaso,

Yes, both license systems are similar.

Best regards

Old 02-19-2013, 07:27 AM

Hi,

Okay, thank you!

Regards,