Can you introduce software which can calculate the grain heeling Moment

Discussion in 'Software' started by zzt9876, Apr 29, 2004.

1. zzt9876

zzt9876 Junior Member

Hi everyone
    I want to seek a program which can calculate the grain heeling moment,
    I hope it can deal with bulk and general vessel. can every tell me what program can do.

thanks

2. CGN

CGN Senior Member

3. zzt9876

zzt9876 Junior Member

Hi CGN,

I have known the "GHS", it has this function about grain heeling calculation,but now I
    use another system,it can do ervery thing of stablity, including grain heeling,however there is limit to bulk type in grain, it can not use in general type, for example, I now design a multipurpose vessel, its cargohold is container vessel type, not like bulk,no top side tank,so my program do not calculation.

I want to a program mould, which can calculate heeling moment by only describing the tank type, need not enter another sys. can you introuduce which I want, and how to get it.
    I would calculate by hand if I have not a program, it is very trouble for drawing the heeling moment curve.

thanks

zzt9876

4. CGN

CGN Senior Member

Maybe you can ask the software makers (the one you are using) how can you aproach such problem, but besides that, i won't have an idea how to attack the problem.

5. zzt9876

zzt9876 Junior Member

Hi CGN,
    can you tell me such program which can excute independence, I have "GHS"
    demo version, can not see the grain heeling moment function, can you tell me
    which program can do else.I use maxsurf,hydromax, but I don't found this function.

my email address is :zzt9876@21cn.com
    if you have good suggest,pls contact me!

6. Andrew Mason

Andrew Mason Senior Member

We are currently doing the design work required to add Grain Heeling to Hydromax, if you have any special requirements please let us know and we can add them to our specification.

7. zzt9876

zzt9876 Junior Member

Hi

I want to get your help:
    I want to calculate the vessel stability.I use other software for it, but now I want to use hydromax make loading manual due to its good printing type. but I am a beginner of maxsurf,I don't know how to use maxsurf and perfit to directly make the model by vessel offset only(it is twin stern), but they are not like other software which I used before, they are only input the lines offsets, such as (classNK, IPCA).I want you can explain this problem,I think maxsurf shall be more advanced than other !
    In additional, you said you will update the hydromax in grain heeling moment, I have some advise to you: normally, we load the grain by bulk the cargo hold is bulk type, single opening, have upper stool and lower stool etc. but some vessel,like multipurpose vessel,have twin opening,like container vessel. it is more simple than bulk,but some software omit it, it is not wise. can you introudce the method of grain heeling moment.I am ship program amateur, I had write some little program for hydro.
    Hydromax is performance calculaiton software, I have one thought. if it can
    include the capacity plan,the container arr. plan, and bline zone,freeboard
    calculation,etc, these drawing are necessary to be examinated by classification society. I think it would more professional in this field if have these function.
    in additional, I found the hydromax can not use in prob. damage calculation, this is very important to large vessel.why? I have use tribon, it can.
    thanks

zzt9876

8. HoThanh

HoThanh New Member

You can use Autohydro or Autoload of Autoship System Corporation.
    www.autoship.com

HoThanh

9. zzt9876

zzt9876 Junior Member

Ask some question about autohydro

I have used the autohydro, but if we frozen the cargohold, only get the part loading heeling moment, but according to the rules, the full trimed and full untrimed are more complex,it contains the void space, and the assumed heeling angles is difference in differnece area. how to get grain heeling moment under the full trimed condition or the full untrimed condition by wroten macro. can you give the macro of heeling moment? I hope it includes
    the full trimed and full untrimed and part loading grain heeling moment.

other word, I want to know how to set the container arrangement in autohydro, you know, if we want to arrange the container, we want to
    set the positon of container first, but I can't get this function by autohydro

Thanks a lot,

zzt 9876

10. Dutch Peter

Dutch Peter Senior Member

Ever heard of the program called PIAS. This has a module that includes Grain Stability!

11. hello

hello Junior Member

"untrimed","full trimed"
    what is that mean?

i do not know .

does anyone can tell me what is "free trimed"?
    i see it in much programs,but i ever have not know what is that mean.

12. zzt9876

zzt9876 Junior Member

The "untrimed" means full of grain in hold is natural filled, need not be trimed by people,
    on the contrary, the trimed means full of grain in hold is trimed by people, their difference is in the angle of grain surface, one is 15 one is 30
    I want to know how to get the trimed and untrimed full hold heeling moment by autohydro. and I want to write a macro can calculte the vessel launching by autohydro, who can help me?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.