Can you help me with Freeship & Rhino?

Discussion in 'Software' started by SammieJ, Sep 12, 2006.

1. SammieJ

SammieJ New Member

Dear designers,

I have a couple of questions that you can probably help me with, sorry if this is completely basic to all of you!:

Firstly, I have created a keel and a rudder in Freeship and managed to get them positioned in about the right place, but my hydrostatics calculations have all gone awry - it seems to be picking up data from only the rudder. I think it's probably because the hull/rudder/keel are all separate entities and I need to join them up, but I'm not sure how to do this....is it through the intersect layers function? Could someone talk me through it?

I am also not getting any graphing on the Delpht curves and I know there are certain parameters that it won't work with (I checked another topic for these) but could the fact that my keel and rudder aren't joined on stop it from working too?

Finally, I'm importing into Rhino for additional modelling, but at what point should I mirror the image in Rhino? Is it better to draw everything as a half model and then mirror towards the end, or should I do it once the hull is satisfactory?

Thanks for helping a complete beginner!

Sam ;)

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.