The best price for ship design software.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Alexanov, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Alexanov

Alexanov Senior Member

Hey everybody!
    What is yours opinion about ship design software price? Most of the software packages are very expensive. Hou much should program cost to be availavble not only for professionals?

2. Hans Friedel

Hans Friedel Senior Member

If you are a very interested amature I think you could aford something like Rhino. I design kayaks/canoes and small boats and for me Rhino + Phaser is perfect.

But you also have to ad the cost for updates and literature and courses.

But if you are on a tight budget there are also some free programs that can be very usefull and fun to play with

Hans

3. Leo Lazauskas

Leo Lazauskas Senior Member

We might be able to answer your question better if you can tell us a little more about the type of ships you are thinking of designing.

Regards,
    Leo Lazauskas.

4. aziz-naval

aziz-naval New Member

compatibility between napa and autocad

Hello all
    I want to ask you about Napa, can I import files from Autocad and if it is possible are the objects like polylines and splines loose their proprieties.
    thank you

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.