Basic design

Discussion in 'Software' started by barreto, Jun 23, 2010.

1. dreamer

dreamer Soñadora

Steve,

I know this is difficult for you, but stop being a troll. The O.P. was referring to SolidWorks. If the O.P. has some specific questions regarding SolidWorks that he would like some help with, I'll be happy to help.

If you can convince him to use Inventor, by all means do it. But doing so simply by saying "that other software sucks" is weak. He's already using SolidWorks. If he weren't, I would not try to get him to switch, especially not by trashing other software if I knew nothing about that other software. Whatever people use to get the end result their after is all that matters IMO.

I do not have to prove any arguments with you regarding SolidWorks. It's pointless.

2. alidesigner

alidesigner Senior Member

I havent tried to switch anyone. All I did was support what you had said and offer him some free drawings to study. I mentioned SW to let him know I knew how to use it and said I had switched because if he went and looked at the drawings I offered him he would see that they were not done in SW. I then encouraged him to persist with SW.

But you chime in and critisie my knowledge and then accuse me of making false claims. You say I have no balls and now you call me a troll, when it is you that are trolling for freelance work. There is nothing false about anything I have said and what actually happened between us and SW is more involved, more costly and more ballsy than you could ever imagine and not fit for discussion here. I wouldnt wish that experience on anyone - even you.

All I did was try to help someone with a free set of drawings but you come back with abuse and unfounded accusations to try and prove how smart you are. You ask me for specifics but wont supply them yourself. Unbelievable!

Your assumptions about my lack of SW experience are wrong - I used it daily from V2007 to V2009 and have trained others on how to use it.

BTW I havent and wouldnt blindly recommend Inventor as the best either. It too has its own problems.

Do yourself a favour and open your mind to the possibility that someone else may have pushed SW beyond the limits you take it to and found problems that you dont even know exist yet. Have a read of the bugs list - you might learn something.

3. dreamer

dreamer Soñadora

as mentioned, I have nothing to prove to you RE: SolidWorks or the OP's original question.

4. yipster

yipster designer

na na nag guy's common its easy; should have to check SW but like most softs it should have a latest version trial and its always good to try and croscheck various softs. for small boats initial hull design in a world of free speach my guess would be bare SW be as off as inventor

5. xduncanx

xduncanx New Member

How about flicking one my way?
    minion.of.zeppelin@gmail.com

I'm trying to design a very simple 12' skiff on SW10 (just three panels as you've described).

Also, i was basing my design on another. In this other design the side panel, when flattened has a straight line (the sheer) so that it can be more efficiantly cut from ply. Any ideal on how to constrain this sort of geometry?

cheers

xduncanx

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.