Autoship and Autohydro

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bl1nk, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Bl1nk

Bl1nk New Member

Hello guys,
    I'm new here in the forums.
    I'm a soon to be Naval Architect, I'm on my masters last year.
    This year for uni I'm going to have to do a lot of projects which requires CAD.
    I can use Rhino pretty well and have done so far. However I have hear a lot of people (foreign students and online) saying that they use Autoship and Autohydro. Do both of these programs are based and similar (same commands etc) to Autocad? I can use Autocad although I don't have much experience with it.
    Do you guys think that Ship and Ahydro are easy to start using them? Within a couple of weeks, as I have to start my projects soon.
    Thank you

2. Kailani

Kailani Senior Member

Autoship and Autocad are two different programs.
    Someone who can learn Rhino and Autocad can definitely learn to use Autoship.

3. ABoatGuy

ABoatGuy Member

You can export your Rhino hulls as GF files which is what Autohydro uses. It works fairly well although I go through the sections and check for problems before opening them in Autohydro.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.