Autoship to AutoCAD - how to create a DXF

Discussion in 'Software' started by nikkos5, Nov 24, 2010.

1. nikkos5

nikkos5 Junior Member

Hello all,

I'm a marine engineering student and I'm writing my final project which consits on designing a fishing boat. The thing is that I already developed the hull in Autoship, but when I try to create the DXF in order to edit the plan in AutoCAD I get some crazy thing. I think this is because of the settings, I'm trying everything but I don't get it right. So this is what I do:

1. I choose the group that forms the surface of the hull.
    2. I choose Export in DXF.
    3. I try some settings in the dialog box.
    4. I create the document in DXF.
    5. I get something very weird in AutoCAD.

So I attached an image that shows the dialog box with the settings I chose and the resulting image I get in AutoCAD. Thank you very much in advance.

Attached Files:

2. zeroname

zeroname Naval Architect

uncheck the Frames, All views , see what happen.. need to check the autoship design too.

3. nikkos5

nikkos5 Junior Member

I tried that and nothing. I uploaded the autoship design I hope there is more luck this time, thank you very much anyway.

Attached Files:

• PFC.pr3
      PFC.pr3
      File size:
      40.5 KB
      Views:
  4. zeroname

zeroname Naval Architect

check if that work for you. version 9.2 work good with your file. exported normally without changing any settings.

Attached Files:

5. nikkos5

nikkos5 Junior Member

Thank you very much, it finally works. Did you do something special? I still don't get what was working wrong.

6. zeroname

zeroname Naval Architect

no . i did nothing special. may be its problem with ur version or license. i dont know.

7. nikkos5

nikkos5 Junior Member

Thank you zeroname, I solved the problem, and it was the units, that I had meters as outcome unit and it has to be mm so it doesn't go crazy. Thanks again you have helped me a lot. See you in the forums!!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.