automation in maxsurf academic

Discussion in 'Software' started by J Feenstra, Jan 27, 2012.

1. J Feenstra

J Feenstra Junior Member

Hello!

I'm building an excel sheet to merge the Savitsky planning hull resistance calculations and the initial hull design. My goal is to create a “push of a button” tool for the intial hull design, so I can create several hull designs in a short amount of time. My questing is rather simple, is automation possible for maxsurf academic? ? I’m asking this because simple commands, like new design, are disabled in my version.

2. formsys

formsys formsys

Yes you can use Automation with the academic version of Maxsurf. If the New Design command is grayed out it just means you already have a blank design and you can start adding surfaces.

1 person likes this.
  3. b1ck0

b1ck0 Senior Member

Another option might be using Friendship Framework .. / they have free student licences /

4. J Feenstra

J Feenstra Junior Member

If I say I like maxsurf more, does that mean I get a free version of maxsurf ultimate? ;)

but im trying to merge several calculations in one sheet, like Blount and fox, initial stability calculations via excel.

Thanks for the reply

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.