Archimedes MB question

Discussion in 'Software' started by Andy, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Andy

Andy Senior Member

I'm trying to import a GHS file created in Rhino into Archimedes, but with little success. The axes seem screwed up and when the axes were sorted my model consisted only of the transom station. Anyone got any ideas?

Andy :confused:

2. Martijn_vE

Martijn_vE Marine software developer

Ghs

Do some of the stations have the "DK" flag attached to mark the deckpoint? I've encountered that problem and reported it to John a week or two ago.

3. GHS

GHS Junior Member

Andy,

Check your ATTACHGHSDATA in Rhino. A Centerline Component should be "1/2 split on CL", In Rhino - is Starboard , - Aft where GHS is + Starboard and + AFT.

The DK Flag is the Deckedge mark in GHS and Rhino is not supporting it at this time.

Feel free to send me the model to double check for you.

MIke R.
    Manager
    Creative Systems Inc.
    mike@ghsport.com
    mikeeroth@yahoo.com <- weekend

4. jamac

jamac Junior Member

Hi Andy,

Seems strange. Drop me a copy of the model you are having a problem with. As martijn pointed out there was an error handling the dk definition that is fixed for the next release and it sounds as if thats the problem.

Please feel free to get in touch.

Cheers

JA

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.