Anyone used AQWA Wave for Structural loading?

Discussion in 'Software' started by grolschey, Aug 7, 2013.

1. grolschey

grolschey New Member

I have attached a simple cylinder with which I ran a diffraction on, the cylinder has a beam element inside which I am using to capture drag, I have created a steering file and ran AQWA Wave, used the output for the structural loading and it appears my drag and inertial forces are 180deg out of phase, thus I am getting negligible total force in the x.

If anyone has experience doing this type of procedure could you please take a look at my files and see if there is any error you can find?

My project can be downloaded from SpeedyShare:

http://speedy.sh/4R2Sf/test.zip

Thanks in advance

2. AliIr

AliIr New Member

I have to use aqwa wave for transfering pressures from aqwa WB to static structural in WB and for doing this I need to write some codes.
    If anyone has done something like that please instruct me.
    I saw a sample of how to write these codes on the internet but I need more information about it.
    Thanks

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.