About system for lines fairing

Discussion in 'Software' started by Alexanov, Feb 17, 2003.

1. Alexanov

Alexanov Senior Member

If you looking for really good 3D surface modeling system look at www.seasolution.com. I use it myself 4 years for different types of hull surfaces. It works perfect if you have preliminary lines or offset table, but you can use it for initial design too. May be it's my private opinion but I don't think you can find something better for fairing.

2. yipster

yipster designer

Alexander,

seems very nice, has dxf and other filesizes etc. -but- after twice downloading the demo and samples zip file i cant get it to instal nor open the samples.
    i'm using winzip8 and win 98, what are u using? the demo? or what goes wrong here? iff you dont know i'm gonna ask seasolution since indeed it "looks" good and now i want to try...
    :( yipster

3. yipster

yipster designer

oops? :idea: maybe fill out the registration and get that info in the mail?

4. Polarity

Polarity Senior Member

Took a couple of goes but I got the whole file down and installed Ok - its just over 4 Mb.

Seems Ok but as there is no mention of a cost that I could find on the site I'm reluctant to invest too much time! -Also seemed to do what Rhino does, but the plate expansion I know nothing about so can not comment.

Paul

5. yipster

yipster designer

thanks Paul

i'll check the size or its me / my system than, and i'll try again since i must have try'd them all and am still curious. (while i should be studying rhino now i guess since i havent got a decent hull drawn in it yet, but yes i'm learning, rhino (and fastyacht?) does it all yes?)

:)

6. Guest

Guest Guest

vipster

Seems to me something wrong with examples archive. I have now same problem. What about demo? Have you install it on your computer? I can send to you my own examples if you want.

7. yipster

yipster designer

had wrong filesizes, got it now and installed, try to get the samples tomorow and do some lines also than, thanks!
    :) yip

8. Guest

Guest Guest

seems really good seasolution but in rhino newsgroup they comment about a new plug in to develop surfaces with double curvature and if its true that will be great for the people that owns rhino, what about cost of seasolution?, does anybody knows the cost

thanks

9. Guest

Guest Guest

As the others have said, I can't find any pricing on their website. It looks interesting, but how much does it cost to buy a license?

10. Polarity

Polarity Senior Member

"(while i should be studying rhino now i guess since i havent got a decent hull drawn in it yet, but yes i'm learning, rhino (and fastyacht?) does it all yes?) "

As a non NA - but enthralled student! - I was playing around with Rhino the other night, drew a plan view of a deck edge, a plan view of a waterline. combined the deck edge with a sheer line ("line from 2 views"), drew a transom edge, surfaced the lot, projected station lines and started playing with them in a body plan (ie end on) view , couple of hours, and much use of "loft" and I have a nice looking cruiser racer hull.
    Only needs another 10 years experience and it might sail!

Paul

11. yipster

yipster designer

Polarity dont you allready have your hands full with only 2 sailboats? :D few hours playing yeah, but you allready came nicely to grips with rhino i saw. thanks for the script, i'll do it but today again i did not touch rhino :mad:

RhinoMarine
    from Proteus Engineering
    http://www.proteusengineering.com/

Advanced Plate Expansion in Rhino
    using Ship Constructor technology
    from Albacore Research Ltd http://www.shipconstructor.com/Default.htm

------------------------------------------------------------------

Alexanov, after a few download try's i've got the samples zip file unpacked now, tomorow more.

12. Mike D

Mike D Senior Member

To all who've tried it.

I went to the SeaSolution site out of curiosity but I found this on the Demo page
    I did not download it but is it correct that you can't save a project?

How could Alexander have used it for 4 years without saving?

Michael

13. Jeff

Jeff Moderator

Yes, I downloaded the demo last night and like it says, you cannot save or export. (export gives you an error message, and if you hit save you get an error dialogue and then it locks up).

I assume Alexander has the full version...

I did email SeaSolution late yesterday and asked for ballpark pricing information, but have not yet heard anything back.

14. Vovan

Vovan New Member

Regarding ShipConstructor and Rhino for development of shell plates

As far as I know SeaSolution is all-in-one product includs shell module. And it is far away ahead from ShipConstructor(ShipCAM).
    First, you don't have to export model to any other places. Second model in SeaSolution is parametric depended (in ShipCAM it is not).
    On the other hand very important part of shell development is output information. During last two years I have seen many times output for shellplating form different system (SeaSolution, ShipCAM, Foran, Nupas, Tribon, Defcar) and I must admit that SeaSolution is the best one.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi, sounds really good, i sent an email for information but i had no response somebody knows how much seasolution?

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.