Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors

Go Back   Boat Design Forums > Design > Software
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Most Recent Posts Gallery Images Search

Old 07-12-2010, 06:19 AM

Rep: 10 Posts: 3
3d or 2d wake patterns

Dear sirs
We are a small company that provides 3D images and animation for a maritime industry. We are not naval architects or similar, we are draftmans.
We are trying to improve our seas quality, I have to recognize it is a hard work.
the wake patterns and the foams are very dificult to emulate, in this moment we are looking for a free software that could give us a near and / or far fields patterns .
We do not need exact prediction, we only need looks like to the real wakes.
I do not know what we need to do this.
What software could we use for this purpose?
Usually we recive a IGES hull from our customer and we can obtain more information about the ship. I do not have the know how. We can use a 3d mesh or 2d bitmaps.
Could anybody help us?
Thanks

Old 07-12-2010, 10:17 PM

Rep: 2122 Posts: 2,481
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaviews View Post
Dear sirs
We are a small company that provides 3D images and animation for a maritime industry. We are not naval architects or similar, we are draftmans.
We are trying to improve our seas quality, I have to recognize it is a hard work.
the wake patterns and the foams are very dificult to emulate, in this moment we are looking for a free software that could give us a near and / or far fields patterns .
We do not need exact prediction, we only need looks like to the real wakes.
I do not know what we need to do this.
What software could we use for this purpose?
Usually we recive a IGES hull from our customer and we can obtain more information about the ship. I do not have the know how. We can use a 3d mesh or 2d bitmaps.
Could anybody help us?
Thanks
Michlet will allow you to do that very quickly. See::
http://www.cyberiad.net/michlet.htm

The latest free version is available on boatdesign.net. See:
http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/att...ity-mlt807.zip

A demo of Flotilla is available on boatdesign.net. Look at the graphics in the thread:
Flotilla Demo 2.07

Therer are a collection of wake images at:
http://www.cyberiad.net/wakeimages.htm

Good luck,
Leo.
Old 07-20-2010, 10:34 AM

Rep: 10 Posts: 3
firstly my apologies for not tell you nothing about your wonderfull reply, may be I am a rude man...sorry.
I was using your software to obtain a 3D wake for my jobs.
In my first try I used the michlet but when I finished to do my script and executed it with a example, I could see that there not was a bow wake, I am stupid man, I always say to my self firstly I have to read the documents, I am a enthusiastic man and always I do the same job twice. :-D there is two images of this wake,
in my second attempt I used flotilla, I made some changes in the offset,hull and some other file, I dont remember the name of the file. I did again a script to read the csv file in the max, this is the result that I obtained:
The wake height is to high, I do not know why, could you please help me to obtain a correct wake for my ship? I could scale verticaly to reduce the height but I would like to do fine
Thanks a lot
Attached Thumbnails
3d or 2d wake patterns-stern-wake.jpg  3d or 2d wake patterns-test1.jpg  3d or 2d wake patterns-test2.jpg