Tank On Deck

Discussion in 'Class Societies' started by naserrishehri, Jul 17, 2013.

1. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

give us a little more detail, my friend. Cement tank is transverse or longitudinal position?. How is the structure of the deck?. The profiles "L" tank support what length are they?, Are parallel or perpendicular to the beams?
    The more details you specify, lose less time, and more effective we can be in our response.

2. naserrishehri

naserrishehri Senior Member

DEAR TANSL
    Please find the attachment for cement bunker layout and substructure .

Attached Files:

3. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Before any calculation, should be rethought completely the deck structure taking into account at least the following points:
    • F.O. tank between frames 16 to 26 has a too big beam. It will result in major problems for the stability of the ship (free surfaces). You should split it into 2 or 3 tanks.
    • This tank can not be in contact with the sea. Would place a double hull in this area.
    • The deck has a mixed structure transversal / longitudinal totally incorrect.
    • Deck webs could probably be separated 3 frame spacing instead of 2.
    • The horizontal profiles, on deck, for fastening the tank:
      [*]Must be a "U" or double "T"
      [*]In the current structure, must match the deck longitudinals​
    Establishes, first, a correct structure for the entire deck, before solving local problems. The structures of the boats, if possible, should be formed by transverse and longitudinal rings perfectly linked.
    Cheers

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  4. naserrishehri

THANKS TANSL
    This is an existing vessel and i do not know it's structure detail completely . what i know about the structure , i mentioned in the drawing . I shall issue deck loading to the class .

5. Murat124

Murat124 Junior Member

take a look this manual
    http://www.dnv.com/binaries/guidance to cargo securing manual_tcm4-287970.pdf

There are practical ways to calculate forces(accelerations)and reactions(strentghs) at this sample manual

Your ship/vessel should have Cargo Securing manual such like this.

Master or C/O can make this calculation or They should have this skills against their competencies (if they could...with their falsified competencies)
    if you can send usd 500 together with vessel's cargo security manual I can send back detailed calcuation sheet to you

6. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

I think we are talking about two different things:
    - How to strengthen the structure of a deck to support a fixed tank.
    - How to secure a load to a deck.
    What was naserrishehri asking for?. That's what we have to answer.
    I am sorry to say this but it is not nice to talk about money in this fórum.

7. naserrishehri

My Ship Does Not Have Any Document And Drawing .
    Dear Tansel , I Want To Be Sure The Ship's Deck Has Enough Strength
    To Carry A Local Load .

8. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Yes, naserrishehri, I know what you need. I wonder if you still need help and, if so, I'd like to help you, for free. But for this I need to know exactly how is the deck now and it the general structure could be modified to give sufficient strength.

9. Murat124

Murat124 Junior Member

it is necessary to check at first with ship's deck TPC for static condition (it is necessary to make a calculation with cross method or some another computational method to calculate TPC)

and then start to calculate for dynamic condition. Accelerations given by IMO can be used for this calculation.

after calculation it is necessary to arrange construction, reinforcements if needed etc.

All these needs professional effort

Or another fictive solution try to place this load's center on to a bulkhead, cut
    deck plate and put a thicker doubler plate, fix this plate to bulk head and girders and deck beams, put brackets for each girders and each deck beams to L profile which carying this load
    This is a fictive solution but free for you and for your friend TANSL

10. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

I agree with you, Murat124, because everything you say is common sense, one need not be very clever nor a "great professional" to know that. The problem is to do what has to be done in the existing structure without breaking half boat. Say you need to reinforce the deck, etc, etc.. it is not very difficult.
    I see you've realized that asking for money for the help is not smart. I thank you, as far as I'm concerned, your offer to work for free. It is wise to rectify.
    I am satisfied because I think I've worked for a "professional" (not me) work for free for naserrishehri.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.