Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors

Go Back   Boat Design Forums > Design > Class Societies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Most Recent Posts Gallery Images Search

Old 02-29-2012, 06:12 AM

Rep: 179 Posts: 1,448
software for ISO 12215-5

Greetings to all. I developed an application that allows ships escatling according to ISO 12215-5, inside of the scope defined by this standard. The application is in the process of debugging, close to its final completion. There is a trial version that allows its use for 30 days. If any of you are interested in checking it, please,send me your email address and I'll send a link to allow you to download the application's installer program. Thank you for your interest.
My e.mail : 657677483@orange.es
Ignacio López

Old 02-29-2012, 06:19 AM

Rep: 399 Posts: 744
Whatabout http://www.icomia.com/news/news.aspx?NewsId=267
Old 02-29-2012, 06:43 AM

Hi fcfc
There are several applications in this regard. In addition to Classification Societies, which are often more demanding, I know "HullScant" by Wolfson Unit and the INCOMIA software. We need to compare them with each other and choose the one that best suits our needs. In my opinion, of course, my application, called SCT, is more manageable and more powerful than the others.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:44 AM

30 days trial version of SCT

This link will allows you to download the 30 days trial SCT file
http://www.yousendit.com/download/M3BtZEV5Z2doMlVVV01UQw
SCT will allows you to calculate :
- scantlings for any material, Glass, Carbon, Aramid, Wood, Metallics, according ISO 12215-5
- ISO 12215-6 calculations, long. strength,...
- ISO 12215-8 : rudders
- Frames and continuous beams : fundations, masts, and any element comparable to a continuous beam.
Your comments will help me in improving the application.
Please,inform me of any questions or problems you may encounter when working with SCT.
Ignacio López
my e.mail : 657677483@orange.es
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SCT User Guide.pdf (1.32 MB, 683 views)
File Type: pdf FRAMES AND CONTINUOUS BEAMS.pdf (444.4 KB, 615 views)

Last edited by TANSL : 03-09-2012 at 06:26 AM.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:52 PM

Problems with my e.mail?
Try these other:
tansl02@hotmail.com
tansl@wanadoo.es
Old 04-15-2012, 05:26 PM

SCT Final Release

After several months working on the completion and debugging the application we are pleased to announce the release of the final version of SCT.
Several independent professionals have been working with us, which allowed us to incorporate various suggestions from users and to fix certain bugs.
The current version is available for all users of this website, for free, and can be downloaded using the link below:
https://www.yousendit.com/download/M...U1BENlEwTWRVag
Earlier versions, contained in this section of the forum, have been removed from the network.
SCT now incorporates:
- ISO 12215-5
- ISO 12215-6
- ISO 12215-8
Thank you all for your help.
Ignacio Lopez

P.S. Feel free to ask me any query that you need.
To obtain a permanent license you need to use the ACTIVATION procedure as described in the User Guide

Last edited by TANSL : 04-17-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:42 PM

To facilitate SCT updates, the application must be downloaded, now, from our website :

http://www.wix.com/657677483/tansl#!software

your feedback will be very appreciated.
Thank you for your interest.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:37 AM

Hello everyone.
4 months after starting this thread, there have been over 150 downloads of the SCT program.
I suppose therefore that many of you have tested it. But I have not received any comments or complaints, which can only mean two things:
- The program is so good that not need changes or improvements.
- The program is so bad that it is considered impossible to operationalize, it is not worth worrying about it.
Neither option seems reasonable, so I pray make me know comments or suggestions to make it a useful tool for the designer.
Thanks for your help.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:55 PM
t=pc squared ?????

Rep: 146 Posts: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANSL View Post
But I have not received any comments or complaints, ...
Dear Ignacio,

I think it like this:
Those of us who are pro's, already are supplied with sufficient information and/or software.
Those of us who are not pro's, don't give a !@#$$% or do not even know that such a thing like ISO exists for boats.
Life can be cruel.

Cheers: Hakim Andreas
Old 06-26-2012, 03:40 AM

Hi Hakim,
I know that every professional has tools to calculate the scantlings of their projects, but when you MUST use the ISO standard, there are not many options. It is in this market sector, vessels must comply with ISO 12215, that my application is useful. SCT does not compete with the Rules of the Classification Societies for SCT works for a completely different sector.
Furthermore, it appears that the ISO 12215-5, except when there are potential problems of buckling, has a softer approaches that of CS therefore results in lower scantlings which, when you want to reduce weight and labor, is very interesting.
This is my opinion about it, although I can be wrong
Old 06-26-2012, 04:33 AM

Rep: 597 Posts: 1,507
i tried your program, it was full of bugs and quickly became frustrated with it so i gave up...

have you tested this on multiple operating systems? i am using windows XP professional...
Old 06-26-2012, 04:51 AM

Hi groper, thanks for your comment.
SCT is ready to work with XP and Vista. There is a problem when installing on Windows 7 but can be corrected.
I am aware that SCT has flaws that I find difficult to detect. Therefore I request your help
Tell me, if you're so friendly, the SCT version you used (R8 is the last release) and some of the problems you found. Thanks, again, for your information
Old 06-26-2012, 07:23 AM

Rep: 597 Posts: 1,507
i used the version downloaded a few days ago, i assume its the latest version...

First problem is that it was very slow to accept entries in the data fields, when you click on the data field to enter the values nothing happens for several seconds, then when the cursor finally appears you can type in the figures and press enter, sometimes the field does not close and you here the audible error chime, again it just hangs before closing that data field...

So if you continue on, changing more data fields down the column of your example file, you might get half way thru then suddenly the entire set of data you just entered dissappears and you can start again?!

I tried again a few times and quickly became frustrated, so i cant give you any further feedback beyond the basic first steps, as i did not want to waste anymore time with something that cannot even accept the data im giving it easily...
Old 06-26-2012, 08:41 AM

I have tested the program on three computers, a normal PC, an HP workstation and a laptop and did not detect the problem. However, you are quite right. You're the second user who warns me of this problem. (By the way, I think the laptop is not suitable for SCT which needs a higher screen resolution)
Your information is important because I believe I can detect the errors in the calculations, when there. Not so easy to detect that each user can experiment.
In the next version is improved somewhat the introduction of data, and various other aspects. Thanks.
NOTE : May not be sufficiently explained in the User Guide but you have double click on the table cell whose value you enter or change.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:05 PM

Rep: 166 Posts: 86
Hi To You All

Sorry But Let Me Say.....i Don't Quite Understand Why The Program Has Not Been Inserted In The Software Or Spreadsheet Section For Any One To Use It freely if That Is The Case.....
I Have For Instance Given The Opportunity To Anyone To Feel Free To Use The Spreadsheet "MAST AND RIG EVALUATION" Which Many People Has Agreed Been Extremely Useful And Quite In Line With Expectations As Far As Calculation Results Are Concerned And Rear To Find In The Net...... Many People Have Also Express Gratitude For Such A Possibility Being Available To Our Community And I Feel Somewhat Rewarded For That....i Reiterate.....i Do Not Understand Why Such A Simple But Undoubtely Useful Program Is Not Available For Our Community..... Sorry Again But That Is What Is My Personal Believe.....