1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

SMG 50 Catamaran moulds for sale

Discussion in 'Boat Molds' started by Donthinkinabox, May 9, 2015.

1. Donthinkinabox

Donthinkinabox New Member

We are selling the very special ULDP (ultra low draft performance) hull mould from the extraordinary 50ft Catamaran SMG 50. See website: www.sail-the-difference.com 6 Cats build - 3 with A-frame Mast.
    Background facts: A while ago I designed a Catamaran that sailed with less sail area faster than other Catamarans!
    This Catamaran sailed without a daggerboard or a keel fin closer to the wind than other Catamarans or Monohulls – 85cm/34" draft incl Rudder !!!
    It was fitted with electric drives and solar charged batteries.
    As you can imagine the yacht industry was not happy with my ideas, see comments on the website: http://www.sail-the-difference.com/index.php?id=27
    The mould package comprises:
    - one piece hull mold – rotatable (it has to be cut on the aft part of the hull to fit in a container -)
    - high efficiency rudder mould 2pc
    - two stainless steel rudder shaft (60mm x5mm stainless steel pipe)

- full taped mast mould for the A-frame Mast mould 17,5m 58ft long (cutted for transport)
    - curved front beam with the compression beam,bottom and deck part with locker

- front cockpit with A-mast position base and selftacking jib base
    - multifunctional cabinet mould for steps, lockers, furniture
    - toilet basin cabinet mould
    - steering console 2 parts
    - two stern moulds with asymmetric steps
    - round parts from the bridge deck connection to the hull

All moulds can get loaded and fitted in one 40ft container.

Complete price for the package -30.000,- Euro/USD

For more Informations g.schein@smg-multihull.com

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  2. Donthinkinabox

SMG 50 Cat mould and Boat pics

I have seen that the pictures are not in the last posting!!!
    Here they are.
    We changed the bow and stern shape for the last hulls - the Cat Do re mi

Dont hestitate to ask me questions about the extraordinary SMG 50 design.

Gery

Attached Files:

3. snamco11

snamco11 New Member

I am interested. Can you please tell me where they will ship from so that i may get a price to transport?

Best Regards

4. Donthinkinabox

SMG 50 Moulds

Hi, the SMG 50 moulds are stored in Capetown.

Regards Gerhard

5. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

Very sorry to hear you are having to sell the project. Would you care to comment if it had anything to do with the past very poor boat economy since 2008?

I could not access that link you supplied about ' sail the difference' . Is it linked properly?

What did you build the a-frame mast of?

6. Donthinkinabox

SMG 50 moulds

Hi Brian,
    no, it had nothing with the economy 2008. When I made the firtst Testsailing with interessted sailors in the Adriatic sea, we had in short time 3 customers, but we had no boadyard. That was the reason to go to South Africa for me. Cheap labor - same daytime like Europe, but opposite seasons. Easy to travel. I met a CEO from a Boatyard in Cape town (Fortuna Catamarans), shipped my moulds from Bulgaria, where I had build the "Number One"(also an adventure), and payed a lot of money deposit for the first SA SMG 50. Half year later the owner of the boadyard disapeared with the money to Thailand, and I had to learn the African rules. 3 days propper work per week - dont pay before a work is done, ect.ect. The next mistake I made, was not to weight the SMG 50 what Fortuna Cat started already. We finished the Cat in hard work, launched it and the customer dont took it, because it was ouverweighted. Fortuna Cat worked not with my laminating Plan!! Ok - we made the next SMG50 and every work went through my hands. That was "Do Re Mi". Perfect boat, perfect mast, perfect propulsion. It sailes like a dream! But I was exhausted and frustrated. See on my website www.sail-the-difference.com the "comments" from the sailor what sailed the SMG 50 then you can understand my frustration. By the way - the link on my site in the forum is working.
    Now I am 60 and Ivgot biggest respekt to my wife that she went the whole stony way with me - "in good times and in bad times". I am 37 years married and I love her. We want to do now someting different. Thats the reason why I want to sell my moulds.
    The new owner get the best support from me what I can do via internet. When he is building a Cat with these hulls and this mast he will get a big positive surprise when he is sailing the boat the first time.
    Ivgot also a new SMG50 design with the same hulls and mast. We call it SMG 50 Space.

The Mast is made in Carbon .

Regards
    Gerhard

Attached Files:

7. brian eiland

brian eiland Senior Member

I think the problem with this link is that it is written with periods between words, when it should have dashes.
    http://www.sail-the-difference.com

8. RHP

RHP Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.