1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

Mold maker in Texas Wanted

Discussion in 'Boat Molds' started by JEM, Aug 11, 2004.

1. JEM

JEM Senior Member

Looking to help out a friend. Need someone who can produce a female mold in the San Antonio area. Preferably someone who can make the mold from of Rhino3D or AutoCAD file.

If not in Texas than perhaps someone who could safely ship a mold for an 18' boat.

Thanks.

2. JEM

JEM Senior Member

Sorry for the bump. But some changes made to the original post that might help out.

3. jammer

jammer Old, bald and ugly

Mold Maker

Check your email

Dave

4. AVENGER BOATS

AVENGER BOATS Junior Member

JEM, what type of boat molds are you looking for,, we build custom bayboats,18 to 25ft, we build our own molds, if you need a mold built ,we could build it here in new orleans LA, and ship it to you, let me know

5. JEM

JEM Senior Member

Thanks. I'll pass your offer along.

To expand on the info, my frined/client is looking for some to produce a plug and mold for his design concept to be made with FRP. Also looking for a production facility. I have the design complete and he's shopped it around a few places. Rain Forest Boats seem to be the front runner right now.

I can't go into too much detail because of confidentiality at this stage. But for budgetary quote purposes, let's just say it's an 18' recreational boat for protected waters.

6. Latechslack

Latechslack New Member

Hey Avenger Boats. I have a neighbor that wants to sell me his Avenger 210V Bay Runner w/ a 175 Yamaha (Team Avenger on the side). It is over 10 years old ('93), but has been kept in immaculate condition. Did you guys make this boat? I can't seem to find any info on the net about Avenger Manufacturing in New Orleans. Any input on this boat, sure would be helpful (i.e., construction, costs, value, dependability, etc.). I sure am interested in it. Thanks

Slack

7. boat182

boat182 Junior Member

I am closing my boat company and interested is selling my molds, plugs, etc. Check out my web site and let me know if you are interested.

Jay
    compassboats.com
    956-237-8075

8. jcharrie

jcharrie Junior Member

What designs do you have to offer?

9. Guy G

Guy G Junior Member

Find someone who will sign forms to keep your design a secret or he gets sued. It is done all the time. When you have something you want to build and not the facility to do it in, do what you have to to protect yourself. Remember any design out there can be copied with 15% changes and noone says a thing. It's been going on for years. So just use your head when dealing with anyone. Best of luck to you guys! Best to ask for references!

10. JEM

JEM Senior Member

Wow this thread is still going?

The project I started has been completed (my end of it anyway) for a while. The design wasn't my creation, I just transalted the customer vision into a plug mold form that he could build himself.

http://www.serenewatercraft.com

We didn't sign any papers or anything but we have a gentlemens agreement. I suppose that could be dangerous. In hind site, probably would have been better to get some sort of contract but it worked out in this instance.

11. boat182

boat182 Junior Member

Send me your e-mail address so that I can send you some photos and information. You can also check out the boat at compassboats.com.

Jay
    956-237-8075

12. geo6246

geo6246 Junior Member

If you still need molds produced Call LaRosa Design and ask for George Daly he can help. He is in TN. 615-763-0931

13. JEM

JEM Senior Member

This project is closed. For quite some time in fact.

Thanks for all the offers of help.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.