1. The Marketplace Forums can be useful for members who know one another well from forum discussions and offline communications and wish to post boatbuilding tools, drafting tools, molds and tooling, and other professional equipment for sale or trade. However, caution and good judgement should always be used. Especially when considering any business with anyone not already well known to you and trusted, due diligence must be used to confirm details and identity and be sure the transaction is safe before any money or property changes hands. Always use good judgement and perform due dilligence and follow these guidelines.

boatmoldtrader.com

Discussion in 'Boat Molds' started by hylndr, Dec 12, 2006.

1. hylndr

hylndr New Member

Does anyone know if this site still active?
    Thanks

2. Eagle Boats

Eagle Boats Senior Member

The site is still active. Which molds were you interested in, as I have some of mine listed?

3. hylndr

hylndr New Member

Thanks for the reply.
    I have a small part-time shop that I do fiberglass and gelcoat repairs. Not having worked with molds before, I'm basically looking for a "starter" mold, if you will. Something in the 15' to 20'. I am looking to expand into building boats. Undecided on type, but leaning towards center console or runabout. Since it's my first go at this, the mold should be inexpensive. I saw some molds on boatmoldtrader.com that were under $2,000, while some others were more and some much more expensive. Looking to make a purchase in the first quarter of '07.
    By the way, do you know of any good videos or books that would help me with the building process?
    Thanks again.

4. Eagle Boats

Eagle Boats Senior Member

I have the following molds that may meet your needs:

1) 16 foot center console molds. Includes hull and liner molds. Hull mold is in very good condition. Liner mold is in fair condition. Price is $2,000.

2) 16 foot labstrake dory mold. Mold is in excellent condition. Price is $2,000.
    We may be putting this mold back into production, so I am not sure if it will be available.

5. hylndr

hylndr New Member

Can you send me images of the those molds? Please send to mderen1@adelphia.net along with your e-mail address.
    Thanks again

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.