Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors

Go Back   Boat Design Forums > Construction > Marketplace > Boat Molds
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Most Recent Posts Gallery Images Search

Old 12-12-2006, 04:21 PM

Rep: 10 Posts: 3
boatmoldtrader.com

Does anyone know if this site still active?
Thanks

Old 12-12-2006, 09:21 PM

Rep: 16 Posts: 169
The site is still active. Which molds were you interested in, as I have some of mine listed?
Old 12-13-2006, 08:02 AM

Thanks for the reply.
I have a small part-time shop that I do fiberglass and gelcoat repairs. Not having worked with molds before, I'm basically looking for a "starter" mold, if you will. Something in the 15' to 20'. I am looking to expand into building boats. Undecided on type, but leaning towards center console or runabout. Since it's my first go at this, the mold should be inexpensive. I saw some molds on boatmoldtrader.com that were under $2,000, while some others were more and some much more expensive. Looking to make a purchase in the first quarter of '07.
By the way, do you know of any good videos or books that would help me with the building process?
Thanks again.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:35 AM

Rep: 16 Posts: 169
I have the following molds that may meet your needs:

1) 16 foot center console molds. Includes hull and liner molds. Hull mold is in very good condition. Liner mold is in fair condition. Price is $2,000.

2) 16 foot labstrake dory mold. Mold is in excellent condition. Price is $2,000.
We may be putting this mold back into production, so I am not sure if it will be available.

Old 12-13-2006, 08:42 AM

Can you send me images of the those molds? Please send to mderen1@adelphia.net along with your e-mail address.
Thanks again