Wooden Runabouts - Looking for interested partners.

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Rasman, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Rasman

Rasman Junior Member

All,

I have a number of projects in the works at the moment, one of which is producing some wooden runabout style boats.

For this particular project, I will be building a number of runabout style boats of varying designs. Basically each boat will be a wooden hull with all the interiors and chrome finished. Engine/Rudders/Props etc, will not be installed. (Due to shipping and quality standards.) The main purpose of delivering these boats unfinished is to allow customers or distributers to choose thier power/control set-up.

I will be looking for partners all over the world, Australia being the first location as this is where I was born. After Australia I would like to expand to Europe and America as well. I would like to hear experessions of interest (if there are any) and suggestions for people to contact. I would like no more than two main re-sellers per continent. One would be preferable.

I would offer these hulls at $20-$30,000 USD depending on design/size/fittings. This would be at a minimal profit margin, viable because profits will rise as production increases.

I have found similar designs to the initial two hulls I will be producing, these images are attached. These are not my designs, but my designs are quite similar.

Are there others doing the same things as me? I would be very interested in details (Especially how much they are for thier boats)

Thanks

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.