what do you think of this one? (river cruiser for relaxed cruising)

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by jeffb957, Aug 6, 2015.

1. SaugatuckWB

SaugatuckWB Junior Member

clowns

clowns , clowns, don't we all hate clowns? Typical

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Clearly cost assessment and design analysation isn't part of your tool kit, as the principles my previous post mentioned, are precisely the way most designs (houses, cars, boats, planes, etc.) get done. The only clowns are folks that build things, that are way heavier than they need to be, with materials and methods most industry peers consider antiquated or inappropriate. Maybe you like cars with drum brakes, metal dashboards, no airbags and a garden hose from the tank to the leaking carb, but most will accept the lighter, modern replacement in engineering and material choices. Don't get me wrong, I own a metal dashboard car, but it's brakes have been upgraded, along with many other aspects to make it safer, and better than it was. So maybe you can enjoy dragging your spouse by the hair, back to the cave, but I'll have diner on the table when I get to my air conditioned home, happily made by a more modern interpretation.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.