WET Fiberglass and Plastic Film Composite gets boat form with its own weight

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by mtumut, Jun 18, 2016.

1. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

;)You could be banned if the moderator went by your standards

2. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Then I say it's a good thing you're not the moderator . . .

I'd have hoped something would have been done about patents and certain property rights, by now, but it seems on those that can afford to defend their patent, should consider getting one. I too have been involved in infringement suits and the process is intentional drawn out to bleed the other party. It's a business decision, they run them out of money or time or interest. Donald Trump's business dealings, commonly employ these tactics, though he certainly doesn't own the market in this regard, it is his typical MO. We'll get there eventually, though I'll be dead.

3. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

With taxes, technically you get something in return, like roads, schools, all the nations infrastructure, some healthcare, an army. With taxes, you get society and civilization. Getting sued is generally just a losing proposition.

4. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Getting sued is only a losing proposition if you can't afford to defend yourself. As a rule, "he who 'hath the most money, wins". Sounds biased, but it's simple math. If you can't sustain the fight for the average 7 - 8 year long battle, don't get into it.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.