update on eco-design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by treeman, Oct 6, 2008.

1. treeman

treeman Junior Member

About a year ago I made a post about requesting a design for a seaworthy boat to support my family's deep-sea fishing habit that wouldn't use all the fossil fuels in the world (I'm a professional environmentalist who's tired of sneaking around to go fishing!). You folks gave me some great information and pointed me in several productive directions. I got a great education on design philosiphy and enjoyed some fine discussion. I finally settled on a semi-displacement pocket trawler. I looked at a few builders and decided that any of them had built better than I ever could myself. I researched and asked around and found an Albin 25 in great shape for a very reasonable price. It's very comfortable for my family of four and it burns 1/2 gallon of diesel per hour cruising at 7 knots.

Thank you all for helping me make a really informed decision.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.