Dick Culkins
New Member
- Joined
- Nov 17, 2009
- Posts
- 2
- Reaction score
- 0
- Location
- Newport RI
Hi Eric
Thank you for replying so quickly and for the offer of help. I will not be able to start construction until January for a May launch so Ill have 4 monthsfor construction with one helper. I allready have a 50 HP outboard and I need to use the boat to transport 4 crew so Im thinking of buiilding an 8 meter verstion of the proto. I have built two 10 meter ultralight plywood sailboats with very similar scantlings to yours so Im very comfortable with this construction method and the amount of time required to complete. This gives me enough tmie to build a scale model do some testing, study, and round up the materials.
If I could get a lines drawing of the 10 Meter Im confident that I will be able to scale it down to eight Meters with the help of some Naval acritect friends here in Newport. I would like to compensate you for this information how ever Im whats know as a Yankie so Im very thifty.
Thanks again.
Thank you for replying so quickly and for the offer of help. I will not be able to start construction until January for a May launch so Ill have 4 monthsfor construction with one helper. I allready have a 50 HP outboard and I need to use the boat to transport 4 crew so Im thinking of buiilding an 8 meter verstion of the proto. I have built two 10 meter ultralight plywood sailboats with very similar scantlings to yours so Im very comfortable with this construction method and the amount of time required to complete. This gives me enough tmie to build a scale model do some testing, study, and round up the materials.
If I could get a lines drawing of the 10 Meter Im confident that I will be able to scale it down to eight Meters with the help of some Naval acritect friends here in Newport. I would like to compensate you for this information how ever Im whats know as a Yankie so Im very thifty.
Thanks again.