Trailerable daysailor underway...

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Wynand N, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

You plan on producing your own gas for running the two plate gas stove on ? Now that's what I call a sustainable resource. Food makes gas makes food makes gas makes food and so on :cool:

I spot a couple of leaks there in the last picture in case you missed them... :rolleyes:

Nice going Wynand.

2. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

3. Wynand N

Wynand N Retired Steelboatbuilder

and the wooden plug is done and ready for the first layer of CSM Monday morning sharp followed by a woven roving layer later and then the tedious job of fairing will start.
    Should start on the deck plug by Wednesday or so..:cool:

Attached Files:

4. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

5. Butch .H

Butch .H Senior Member

"a portable porta-potti can hide in the bow" Use the big one then it can double up as a pilot house:p :p :p

6. Wynand N

and still be solder on. Late start today due to other priorities. Westley, thats my apprentice, only started at 15h30 to glass and by 17h00 it was all glassed up and now the fairing will start in earnest.

BTW, tomorrow Im off to Pretoria/JHB to get marine ply, spares etc for the 43, and guess how is going to buy me a coffee or two:D :?:
    Question remain; is it pity on them or pity on me:confused:

Attached Files:

7. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Ja well no jong.

When I woke up this morning and I saw the downpour we're having I said to the wife there's probably a bloody Free Stater coming to Pretoria again :D

8. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

he he

the good lads dropped in by me as well

at least now there is some verification that i AM building boats and that it is not photo-shop

so Wynand agrees we can tow my porta potti behind his Lightening6 boat for the Around the Island race end of Jan 2009

Fanie you will HAVE TO get used to small boats :D :D :D

my wood is here and i am starting TODAY

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      16.9 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      10.5 KB
      Views:
  9. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Wynand told me you are lazy bugger and that your cat could have been finished long ago :D

I have a small boat. I play with it in the bath :rolleyes: I don't even want a port a potty that is that colour either. Give me the shits :(

Come on Manie, I have troubles just getting a slight whiff out of the air when I'm on the water, now you want to tow stuff.
    Besides if you pitch up anywhere in a thing like that I am going to pretend I don't know you. I still have a bit of pride in me.

Around here that green thing is called a konka. The philamons make fire in it.
    Gee whiz, talk about polution of our waters :(

10. Wynand N

Manie, Fanie = Rudi and I made it back in one piece with our hoard of marine ply...and did it rain most of the way:(

Yes, I can honestly vouch for a catamaran under construction in Manie's garage similar to the photoshopped snaps he so regularly post- and what a place he has in millionaires row ;).
    Pictures don't do Manie's boat justice, it is actually much larger, impressive and detailed in 3D ply. Workmanship on par and Rudi and myself impressed by that.
    Keep it up Manie:cool: :cool: and perhaps we can expect you this weekend - will keep Mr Chivas Regal on standby for your visit:D

11. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Now that I've got Manie worked up he's going to finish his boat sooner :D

Just giving you a hard time Manie, you're doing just great. I would love to make a trip on your cat. I have a trailer to get it to Harties for a test float, be a good excuse not to work. I'm dying to get on the water again.

Nice meeting you today Wynand (& Rudi). We have our own boating iron man in our midst :D I'm sure it was the air in your tyres that kept you afloat to home ;)

12. Gary Baigent

Gary Baigent Senior Member

trailerable day sailer

Cox's Bay skimmer - 5.5 x 2.25m. For the observant, I have rectified the rudder bar position.

Attached Files:

13. RHP

RHP Senior Member

Hey Wynand less of the Chivas Regal and on with the work! :D

What a beautiful looking yacht, cant wait to see her finished and appreciate your photo update.

How many hours would you estimate the building time to be?

Grazie
    Richard

14. Manie B

Manie B Senior Member

Around the Island

the race starts Fri 30 January 2009

http://www.ldyc.co.za/NKA Calendar.htm

i hope all of you bloomin old farts are going to be there to show some support for the launching of the Lightning6

even if you havent got a boat at least get a tent

Damn this is gonna be goooood

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

15. Stumble

Stumble Senior Member

Just out of curiosity how much would this boat cost in USD? And are you at all interested in exporting to the states? I know a number of people who might be interested in something like this, particularly if there is a strict OD clas for them.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.