For those who think they are going crazy...

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Sean Herron, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Attached Files:

2. Marvin Martian

Marvin Martian New Member

Now that's a nice boat, he should put a Detroit Perkins Diesel engine in that!!

3. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Thing is...

Hello...

Thing is - this man did 'pull it off' and twice to boot - the second go with a bust knee and arthritis...

I do not subscribe to his exploits - yet I am fascinated with his will to do same - and not once, but twice...

This is beyond the human rat race at work - it is beyond day to day comprehension - and I relate to that - he bloody did it...

I would hope to believe that we all know what old Hugo IS - a REAL human spirit - there are no mathematical models to show that his wacked vision was attainable - WHY - because it is not based in that - it is based in HUMAN SPIRIT and gumption...

To Heck with your Pentium whatevers - build it - test it - and do it - if you believe in it - as Ford - Benz - Goutier - Makienzie - Wrights - Doolittle - Baker...

We have lost so much of what we truly are to Bill Gates and his **** software - and to the 'almost got my degree' math majors who want to go to Paris and drink Pastis - silver spoons - on tax payers grant money - what they have created are poor tools compared to the mind and eye. ..

Some person put me onto this Hugo bit for some illustrations - and me being the drunk donkeys bottom I am - in so doing, I became fascinated with what Vihlem has done - and it is crazy - but it is full of HUMAN GUMPH and old world spirit...

Any human GUMPH means a lot to me just now - the math is so much armchair comparison - I do it daily and it bores me literally to tears...

WHAT...

Ok I have no idea where I left off before I 'was torn away' - my wife is still that...

SH.