Is there information about a liso barca?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by alexbertrand, Nov 18, 2016.

1. alexbertrand

alexbertrand Junior Member

Are there any persons who have experience or performance information about this boat?? stability speed...
    I'm not certain what to do build my own boat or by this liso boat. I'm new in the wooden boat stuff and i'm searching for advice.On google i find several websites selling it but no information except from that eyn seller. The only thing i find is on the brand page http://lisoboats.eu itself.

But as told, i'm new and those figures don't tell me much.
    So, is there someone who can tell me more about it :?: Or can some check that boat info and tell me more.:confused:
    Also other ideas about other good boats are very welcome!:D

Many thanks in advance, alex

2. Angélique

Angélique aka Angel (only by name)

Hi Alex,

I don't know about the boat, and didn't know there's a boat building company at the addresses you've linked . . :confused:

But they're from Ghent in Flanders Belgium, not far from Holland, so you could ask Dirk for a ride . . :)

Please post some some pictures and a report here . . :cool:

A review from anyone who knows the boat, or based on the linked info + pictures + videos, is still welcome here . . :idea:

3. Angélique

Indeed, most specific info can be found at the brokers, maybe Liso is selling their one and only prototype . . :confused:

Yacht Consult has the most and largest pictures, and EYN [spare link] has the most specs online, that's as far as I've seen the ads.

Both linked brokers have factual the same broker in charge for this boat . . :idea:

Also found some info in Dutch [Google Translation] from the Nieuwpoort Boat Show (21, 22, 23 Oct. 2016), I was abroad so haven't visited it.

4. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency Senior Member

Boat seems awfully slow for the specs given.

5. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

I've answered this poster's question on another site and from what I can see, some one has setup a few dealers for these puppies, posted a few pretty screen images of it, but the site lacks detail about everything including displacement, construction, accomodations, power choices, etc. Either the site is being developed by someone, that knows little about custom boats or boats in general, or it's a startup and they're finding their way as they hunt and peck on through the process. I recommended he look for a more established design/designer with a proven track record.

6. Mr Efficiency

A 17 footer with 330hp sounds more like a missile than a boat, but struggles to hit 40 knots ? Very strange.

7. Angélique

Some info on the boat from twitter and the brand website and a broker....

Twitter
    brand website
    broker

8. Mr Efficiency

Plenty of info there for the OP.

9. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

A 17' 8" boat with 330 HP and it does an "exhilarating" 38 knots? Really, am I missing something? I can buy a well used BayLiner with the same drive, except only 260 HP and get 50 knots, so what's up? Again, maybe it's me, but do you have to crawl over that engine box to go to and from the cockpit and what's under the tanning bed, 500 gallons of fuel?

10. Angélique

Well, there you go . . :idea:

11. alexbertrand

i have contact them and they said the speed has been reduced. So i think if i want i could speed up. An made an appointment to see if i can make a test drive. I let you know.

12. alexbertrand

sorry to say, but it seems like cracking down this boat is like cracking down an old riva.
    So about the design i don't follow your idea.
    About the speed, a boesch 620 has the same engine and goes also 40 kn.

13. alexbertrand

i don't have it for plastic, this one is as an old riva wood.:D

14. alexbertrand

Angélique, do you know this company , so much info you can find. thanks by the way.:p i still find it a very nice boat;)

15. Mr Efficiency

That boat looks like a seriously wet conveyance to me, the general shape at the bow, the lack of any strakes or spray deflecting chine flats, suggests there will be plenty of airborne water flying around.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.