superstructure design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Douglasfurlong, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Douglasfurlong

Douglasfurlong New Member

I am currently building a 50 foot Trawler , but the plans for the upper structure could not be found when I took over the project. Moreover, all the bulkheads are in place and I have finished laminating all the oak beams for the deck and am now trying to figure out a good design for the superstructure so if anyone out there could recommend a good way to do this or has a drawing of the framework or an old plan lying around please contact me. Furthermore, I was also trying to figure out which would be the cheapest way to go- --- I was thinking wood frame and plywood, and Glass, but I am also open to suggestions as wood is extremely expensive now so I also thought maybe even steel, or a lot of people say foam core---any information would greatly be appreciated thanks Douglas-- please feel free to email me at Douglasfurlong@rocketmail.com

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.