Super PUGS...

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Sean Herron, May 23, 2005.

1. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Hello....

PUGS = Potentially Ugly boats Guaranteed to not score a Go Girl Sailor...

Right - I would like to explore the crazy world of serious micro cruisers - I want to call them PUGS - from Bolger to Vihlen (I have a few Vihlen studies in my gallery) - scary stuff - from the AD14 to the Peep Hen to my mental meandering and those of others on this site - SD has a nice 19 but that is not going to qualify...

There is 'Paradox' - which I do not like personally - there is the production Peep Hen by Nimble Boats who sadly lost their leader to a premature passing...

There is the Sovereign and Farthings by McNaughton and Associates...

There is the AD14 and I am sure there is others from the million mad minds out there who don't want to continue - or are sick of laying down knee breaking dollars for inner city slips for old 1970's plastic 5 berth 'cruisers' that they only use a max of 1 of 4 weeks a month (ME)... :)

I am just posting a few photos here - because I am a bit 'fuzzed' - there are others and they will come I hope - from the group...

I suppose the the 'box' must come down to 14 feet LOA, 7 feet BOA - sleep two - porta poop - cooler - one burner tea maker - a bit of fresh water - able to launch as a 'third wheel'...

NO BENT KNEES - a 6'2" man can sit upright with no head hunching to make some tea - proper back rest in the cockpit for same - no 'sitting on a plank'...

Rig can't extend beyond designed verticals - no sprits or bum poles... :)

OK - I am a mad man...

YUP...

http://www.boatdesign.com/micro/images/micro5a.jpg

www.shortypen.com

http://www.bateau.com/proddetail.php?prod=AD14

SH.

Attached Files:

2. lewisboats

lewisboats Obsessed Member

Another one to contemplate... 12.7 ft for 2

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.