submarine built in Colombian jungle

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Dave Gudeman, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Boston

Boston Previous Member

The only way for oil to go is up given that the only way for the dollar to go is down, its kinda a no brainer. The drugs will always be in demand and the price is negotiable, also a given. The only real question is the value of maintaining a phony drug war that does nothing but protect the gubment monopolies over illicit trade. Do they keep it illegal and thus maintain a tool which keeps the dollars rolling in or do they streamline there operations and legalize it, reducing the number of employed and downsizing gubment.
    In an age of high unemployment and poor capital flow doing the later wouldn't make much sense, ( at least if your of the gubment vulture attitude ) its a thriving business that brings in billions.

the sub just shows how badly some folks want in on the action.

cheers
    B

2. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

I guess I did not see the submersible submersible article.

I only saw the awash submersible articles (more than one).

Supply and demand, you can't argue that...

For the record, I'm not involved, never have been, never will be.

-Tom

3. davidcarey

davidcarey Junior Member

4. cthippo

cthippo Senior Member

I don't see why not. The commercial submersible and semi-submersible markets are getting big. Lots of "Tourist submarines" (mostly semi-subs) on the market, and the technology is plenty mature.

5. davidcarey

davidcarey Junior Member

I was thinking it may have been an april fools joke . 1200 ft and a cargo of 10t . beats the narco-sub hands down .

6. Poida

Poida Senior Member

With about 40 tons pressing on every square foot of window @ 1200 ft that would have to be very strong perspex or glass.

7. Lister

Lister Previous Member

$4 million for this piece of junk?
    Must be kidding.
    When a publicity start by : "working with the Navies, and several patents" you know they are full off s......
    Lister

[​IMG]

8. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

Supply and Demand...

Thanks Dave. I've now read the whole article. Pretty interesting. Wouldn't catch me going down in that thing, even if for a million dollars (or more)...

-Tom

9. Poida

Poida Senior Member

I wouldn't think (not that I have a lot to think with) that the planing hull would work well underwater as it would have a lot of bow lift and the water resistance in front of the cockpit?? Well let's just say that the chances of that working well underwater are about the same chances of me posting anything intelligent on this forum.

1 person likes this.
  10. viking north

viking north VINLAND

Poida--Don't put yourself down--there's lots out there to do that for you-- besides we're all quite capable of bending intelligence from time to time :) --Geo,

11. Boston

Boston Previous Member

ditto
    yah gotta believe in yourself
    I'm sure there is something you do well that most of us probably cant do for s%$t

12. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.