student 6mr design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by m20b25, Mar 27, 2010.

1. m20b25

m20b25 Junior Member

Hi, I have been a browser on here for quite a while and found some really useful info regarding various aspects of boat design including a very good topic titled 'center of flotation calculation and implications'.

I am designing a modern 6mr as a project and its going well. I have a couple of queries though regarding a couple of the structure rules.

In terms of hull design I have pretty much got there using maxsurf however the bustle was a little tricky and not exactly how I want it yet, nor is it as fair as I'd like! I've got good figures from Wolfson LPP/VPP and attempting to design a layup in Hull Scant.

Does anyone here know the six metre class or designed one before? I'd be interested to know more on the FRC/Wood construction, layups etc. I am lucky to be based near a few sixes and have been to look at them and a poke around however not gained a huge amount of detail, more background work.

If anyone knows of a good resource or has any info to help with the final few stages or anything that I really must look at or pay attention to, I'd be most greatful. I can obviously provide more details if anyone is interested.

Many thanks!

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.