Stateroom port lights low to waterline

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by makobuilders, Jan 5, 2016.

1. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

The designer is far away but I thought you could elaborate on what pressure you were talking. I am very sorry to check that you do not know.

Well that's not even remotely, what I can read in Lloyd's SSC Rules.

2. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

Why would any one else other than the designer of the vessel know what the design pressure is for the structure/hull? Perhaps you like to guess at such things, but others prefer to establish the pressure via the rules. No data of the vessel is given thus, unless you have ESP, no one has any idea what the design pressure is for that vessel. It is also a mute point. Since the structure has been designed, ergo, the pressure is known!

Then clearly you do not use or know the SSC rules very well at all.

Pt.3. Ch.4 Sec.7, 7.5.4 :

"7.5.4 A hydrostatic test is to be carried out in order to
    examine the capability of the frame, and glass retaining
    arrangements. A design pressure 4p, where p is given in
    7.8.1, is to be applied to the external face of the window...."

Simple, if you know.

1 person likes this.
  3. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Ad Hoc, I admit that you can be right, or not :). So, although I do not know if this topic will be interesting for the OP, I will raise my opinion and, not to bore the audience, I will not continue this subject:
    • The design pressure generally not dependent on the designer but the rules that apply to boat. In addition, no single design pressure, but it varies depending on the element to study and its role and position in the boat. When you speak of "design pressure" I interpreted that you knew what it was and everyone else we should know.
      It is very easy, and very precise, to say something like that : "the design pressure is indicated by the CS Rules for the item in question".
    • The Lloyd's SSC Rules, Pt3, Ch4.7.5.4 talk about pressure for a "structural test ...... in order to examine to capability of the frame and glass retaining arrangements". I think the frame is not the most important issue or is not, at least, of what I speak. What must be determined is the pressure to design glass (or any other material), to calculate the thickness. This is something different from what is in this paragraph.
    • Confusing the design pressure and the test pressure is a rookie mistake.

4. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Naval Architect

Tansl

You have never heard of the expression

"quit while you are behind...!.."

The more you comment the more you expose yourself as wanting and deficient in many aspects that you appear to claim knowledge on. You also continue to post on threads where you start by saying..."i do not know anything about..XX or YY.".yet continue to post!. This merely confuses the OP further. Why you do this..i have no idea.

It seems you have gotten out of bed on the wrong side many times over recent months.

The replies to the OP are very clear and concise. You seem unable to accept this...well, that is your issue and problem, no one else's! Even when presented with evidence you claim does not exist (because of your lack of comprehension and /or knowledge on the subject)...you keep harping on. Why...no idea. You do yourself no favours with your behaviour and replies.

5. TANSL

TANSL Senior Member

Ad Hoc, your reply is technically flawless. Worthy of a NA, aware of the matter.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.