speaker design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by mere, Sep 4, 2010.

1. apex1

apex1 Guest

No offense taken, and how would I?
    But it is just not the best way telling others about our preconception when asking for their opinion.
    Thats all.

2. Submarine Tom

Submarine Tom Previous Member

Hey, that fish is blocking my view!

Set your master volume high and "dim" the individual speakers as needed.

Seen it a thousand times, done it myself, no additional circuitry needed, easy.

-Tom

3. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Brunettes, redheads, I like them any colour blond :D

What the heck do you call a girl with black hair ? A blackhead ? :eek:

Mere, you worry too much. When I still had the motorbike years ago my mother always asked me what kind of a girl is going to get up on that thing with you ? (What thing ? Oh the bike...) And my answer was always 'the right kind' :D

Don't pretend you don't like blondes just because your girlfriend watches you there. At times all wiemen wants to be blond :D If a girl is good looking then any position... I mean any way you look she looks nice. Lets not pretend... :rolleyes:

They shouldn't be holding speakers tho.

Attached Files:

4. Vulkyn

Vulkyn Senior Member

Thats one way to encourage more people to go "Boating" and "Fishing"

5. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Yeah, but you have to be carefull with the term 'fishing' :D

6. Vulkyn

Vulkyn Senior Member

7. wardd

wardd Senior Member

I prefer my women born female

8. Joe Petrich

Joe Petrich Designer

In my end of the business (large megayachts) speakers are to be heard and not seen. Stand alone speakers disrupt the design of the interior and exterior. If an owner happens to be an audiophile then perhaps he would specify certain stand alone speakers but we have not encountered that yet.

That being said, a couple of pretty blondes (redheads, brunettes) with nice tweeters would certainly get my woofer going. ;)

9. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Something like this :D

Although I have to admit the person placing the equipment like that doesn't know the first thing about drivers. First thump is going to bump the equipment out of the stand there...

Attached Files:

10. Joe Petrich

Joe Petrich Designer

Yeah, if there is a turntable let's hope it is in the next room, or perhaps the next city!

11. Vulkyn

Vulkyn Senior Member

This setup is as efficient as using stones to propel a 80 Foot steel boat carrying concrete slab subs .... (oh darn it...)

I would like to have smart solutions for hiding speakers while not effecting sound quality or usability... maybe that would be a better goal ??

12. apex1

apex1 Guest

Well, there are quite several of them (megayachts) where I have seen high end speakers proudly sported. Cedar Sea, Leander, Victorian, Mosaique, Mau Mau, to name a few.

Mosaique had Bowers & Wilkins Nautilus in the saloon. A bit too salient for my taste. I was fine with slender T&A columns.

Regards
    Richard

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.