speaker design

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by mere, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Oh now I see it's a bloody fish they are holding there. Stupid picture. They should have held the fish behind their backs !

2. daiquiri

daiquiri Engineering and Design

Yeah, right. The photo could as well do without the fish. It's not very visible anyways.

3. Vulkyn

Vulkyn Senior Member

Zomg just blow a fuze on that pic .... :D

4. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

I said ten rooms not ten bedrooms.
    1 Engine Room
    2 bathroom
    3 Bedroom
    4 Forward room
    5 Bow room
    6 Kitchen
    7 Bridge
    8 Main Deck
    9 fly bridge
    10 Upper deck bathroom

That is your typical sportfish. So you see my speaker need is something other people would want.

I could use pa amplifier with multiple channels but I still have to go central place to change volume. Power is not a problem with bypass type circuit. Resistor alone would cause draw resistance down. Looking forward to you all solutions.

1 person likes this.
  5. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Good grief that's even worse ! You let people sleep in the ENGINE ROOM and the BATHROOM too :eek:

Yeah, especially the ones in the engine room :D

I was only pulling your leg there.

No, if you use a PA the volume for each tap can be adjusted seperately. The main unit's volume would however determine the max volume for all the other speakers. Each speaker has a pot that you adjust the volume with. The nice thing about these PA's is you run the audio line to each step down transforner that drives a speaker through a wire wound pot for the volume. The line can travel quite a distance because it's high voltage, and adjusting one speaker has almost no effect on any of the others.

How about some pictures of that sport fisher !!!

6. mere

mere Junior Member

thanks for everyones input! lets keep it going

7. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

How many more speakers do you want to put in there... :eek:

8. mere

mere Junior Member

thanks everyone this kind of input is great!!
    i will try to take everything into account.

..So besides the blondes holding the speakers, what kind of decor does everyone prefer inside their boats?
    i wanted to make these speakers feel modern and exposed, something to actually look at. Most speakers sold nowadays are plain boring white grills flush mounted. my goal is to design an asthetically conscious pair of left and right speakers that will fascilitate suround sound inside of a sail boat, that is easy to securly mount and remove.

9. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

Mere, let me give you a bit of advice. HIDE the speakers, ok you don't want them to attract more attention than the chicks aboard, and you can always gym a bit if this was the other handycap.

Just seriously kiddin.

The difference between classy cars and common cars is with classy cars the car is visible, not the features. On lesser cars the features are made visible, no one is really interested in the car.

Playing music too loud on a boat doesn't impress anyone except yourself. In fact, it pisses every one else off.

10. apex1

apex1 Guest

When you ask what others prefer, it is never wise to throw your own opinion in!

Make them as neurtal as possible, with flat surfaces which allow to apply any desired material easyly. Paint, veneer etc.

11. Fanie

Fanie Fanie

It's not the speakers they should be holding !

12. Vulkyn

Vulkyn Senior Member

Why on earth would some one in the middle of the water, wind breezing by, the sound of waves and the intoxicating movement of the boat, would want to look at speakers ? I mean its something not worth spending time to decorate as it will not add value or will not enhance beauty of a boat (well in my eyes anyways)

As fanie suggested (i agree with him) speakers beauty is in its sound not shape. (Unless hot chicks are holding the speakers that is ...)

13. mydauphin

mydauphin Senior Member

I got a deal on these tiny speakers used in Home media systems, I have them all over boat. They sound great and no one knows where they are.

14. mere

mere Junior Member

true, a sailor is more about functionality than the way something looks anyday, but there is still something that drives/motivates people to purchase the things they do and this is what im hoping to learn from everyones opinions here on this forum. If there were no need to understand this than how come there is a definant difference between a sailboat owner and a cigarrette boat owner? Money isnt just the answer why. sailors purposely try to not imitate that lifestyle. sailors are a micro culture of their own. sometimes what you own is a reflection of your self (your likes). Form follows function. Therefore if you could decide the way your speakers could look, wouldnt you want to? And if you dont, thats ok to, thats why Im the product designer. I research opinion and fact to make the best product available for you in the end.

15. mere

mere Junior Member

Im sorry if this offended you but it was in reference to an earlier post made by someone else. I really dont prefer blondes at all.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.