sorensen hydro designs

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by gem56, Jul 28, 2013.

1. gem56

gem56 New Member

Has anyone had dealings with Sorensen Boat designs ?

I bought a set of plans for a hydro Plane which included pattens for the frames and a DVD instruction

The DVD I recieved is Blank and now Sorensen will not answer emails for
    a replacement DVD

NOT impressed

2. bluesketcher

bluesketcher Junior Member

Have you tried different dvd players. A Memorex player we had works fine with netflix dvds. Other new DVDs it says Load Disc and it wouldn't play dvds burned on a computer. I got a new sony player and it reads all the discs fine.

3. gem56

gem56 New Member

dvd

I have tried other players ,even sent to a computer shop and they said it was blank

4. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

Welcome to the forum. Sorry about your luck on the disk.

It wouldn't be the first time a CD or DVD went out the door blank, for any origination. I've done it, and also have bought them, so keep trying, but instead of emails, try a phone call. Person to person contact is much more effective and productive.

If you bought it on a credit card, call the credit card company and tell them what's up. The amount will be deducted from your account and Sorensen Boat design will have to pay up.

5. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

Phoning the US from Australia is costly and tricky to time properly. Its amazing how many US companies expect phone calls from other countries - I have had a few "Phone now for this special deal ...", totally ignoring the fact I wasn't from the US

A company that doesn't answer emails is very naughty.

Like Par suggests, I would cancel via the credit card route if you don't hear with three days.

6. Mike Graham

Mike Graham Junior Member

Are you sure the DVD is blank and not just a Region 1 DVD put in a Region 4 DVD player?

7. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

See if you can Skype them. There are also other ways to make low cost phone calls from over seas.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.