Small, independant living units, on water ? - Possible ?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by rwatson, Mar 29, 2014.

1. parkland

parkland Senior Member

2. rwatson

rwatson Senior Member

I think that's a great concept. Instead of having big building cluttering up the city centre, you could have the hotels on the docks, or out in the harbour with a shuttle service.

I have noticed a trend where people have houses in the country, and visit the city for a weeks work, requiring rented accommodation. These might create a more cost effective solution.

The big question is whether it would save costs. Would the night rate be lowered significantly ? So, would the port costs, waste management, staff access and barge maintenance be less than the cost of leasing or buying city real estate. ?

3. parkland

parkland Senior Member

I imagine tied to the dock would be better, so that electricity, water, and sewage could be connected.

Just make it like an RV pad rental, they pay for the spot along with hydro water and sewage removal.

And add a dock system onto it as well, so for 50$ per night or 1000$ per month, you get a lot for your camper, and a spot for your boat. Plus power and waste water fees.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.