Slip/Mooring costs...

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Inquisitor, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Inquisitor

Inquisitor BIG ENGINES: Silos today... Barn Door tomorrow!

Summary

What’s the cost of a slipping and/or mooring a boat in your area (anywhere in the world)? I'm thinking in the 40' to 50' range, but any size would be interesting. Monohull and/or Catamarans.

Details

Over recent years, I've been reading a great deal about how here in the U.S. ocean side land that was once undesirable is being bought up in droves for condos. Either marina's are closing up and selling off OR it causes/requires the remaining marina's to raise their rates and/or go up scale. Besides the costs of the boat, utilities, maintenance, taxes, insurance... the idea of paying upwards of $1000/month to simply "park" it in the water is becoming a scary proposition for someone that wants to retire someday and actually live that life style.

2. apex1

apex1 Guest

In Germany slipping is usually free. In Flensburg I pay 4.500€ per annum for a 25meter berth (which I do´nt use), all inclusive.
    In Istanbul (Fenerbace Marina) the same berth costs 11.000€ p.a.

3. yipster

yipster designer

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.