Simple (but complicated) Foam/Glass Panel Question

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by CatBuilder, Nov 25, 2011.

1. PAR

PAR Yacht Designer/Builder

I have never had the USCG inspect any of my builds, though I carry a manufacture's prefix code in the HIN.

Now that this is public, I expect a pimply nosed kid, 1/3rd my age to show up next week, waving a USCG ID. I'll just turn the dogs on his butt and see where it goes from there.

Cat I had a charter (back in the 80's) with a 63' Choy Lee ketch. Teak from the keel to the roof tops and spruce from there up, all varnished. Ran out of St. Thomas and St. Croix with 6' 6" of draft. I custom plowed a 12" wide groove in just about every single bar down there, never got stuck. Tough life, but occasionally fun.

2. hoytedow

hoytedow Carbon Based Life Form

Glad you like it(the stool).

3. SamSam

SamSam Senior Member

I wasn't hassling you. I've just watched you make a number of costly mistakes and have made suggestions. Antagonistic comments? They weren't meant to be.

Although I am sorely tempted to hassle and antagonize, you don't need it, so I will limit it to say good luck extrapolating a 5 year owner/operator, professional mariner career into a successful build.

Adios amigo.