shovel noes tunnel hull?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by firth_andrew007, Mar 21, 2010.

1. firth_andrew007

firth_andrew007 Junior Member

hi all just wondering if anyone can spare some time or shed some light on perhaps the purpose of this hull or any characteristics it might have?

I personally think..(uneducated in hydrodynamics) that it might be a good off shore vessel with heightened stability come stern with a wave piercing bow.
    the angle on the bow is 120 degrees at the start of each sponson is 150 and the dead rise is on each sponson is 160. im not sure of the origin of this boat. i built this one myself from the molds that i bought. the guy i bought it off isnt aware of where it was originally built either.
    thanks for your time.
    andy.

ill have more photos coming up soon. just having some issues uploading cheers.

also the loa is 10m and the beam is 2.25m

Attached Files:

2. kach22i

kach22i Architect

I've never seen a hull quite like that. Things similar, but this one is different.

Giving you a bump and waiting to see what bites.:)

3. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

It looks like a tunnel for shallow water running

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.