Sharing costs of plans?

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by MoonBeam, Apr 28, 2009.

1. MoonBeam

MoonBeam Junior Member

Hi there

I have recently asked around for the designer or perhaps some plans which I could purchase and then adapt to build this little number. Some really helpful suggestions but still not being able to track anything down.

A brain-wave - The thought is if I could find other like-minded individuals who would like to also have the plans for such a beautiful craft, this would help us achieve this more quickly by sharing in the design costs. I have sought out a top NZ designer who would custom design to suit requirements. Would anyone be interested in sharing the costs of such? We've worked with him in the past and he's fantastic.

We are looking at having this 18' (minus the platform) as this will mean we are able to build this in our double garage, making this very manageable time-wise. Other than that, it is about making it reasonably economical on fuel, adequate power to tow a biscuit for the kids and have a great family day-boat.

Would be really keen to share the costs - we in NZ and can make sure that we keep communication working beautifully.

Please feel free to ask away and we'll see what we can come up with.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.