Seeking Design Advice

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by monrosm@shrewsb, Aug 23, 2006.

1. monrosm@shrewsb

monrosm@shrewsb Junior Member

Hi first of all:
    I dont have a major problem but I was wondering if anyone out there can tell me where to go if i have a Power Boat design that is completley different from any Powerboat around today and want to enquire if it is good or not. This design maybe full of faults and completley wrong but it may also be a winner and the new shape designers are trying to find. So one half of me says 'just post the designs and specs on this forum and see what people say about it'.....but the other half says 'No dont..find someone private' because if they are winning ideas then there is noone to stop someone stealing the ideas and using them to produce the design and get all the credit for them. I just need to know if there is someone i can introduce my designs to and they can tell me what they are honestly like in confidence that they wont steal them if they are good. Allthough i dont want to patent anything as that is highly expensive.
    ANY help at all on this would be Greatly appreciated...
    Thankyou
    Stefan

2. CORMERAN

CORMERAN Junior Member

Design advice

To: monrose@shrewsb

First:

DONT PUBLISH YOUR IDEAS ON THE INTERNET !

Second:

Why are you not accepting E - mails ?

I just tried to give you some valuable and confidential advice
    that I'd prefer wasn't seen by every body and his brother, by E - mail.

Perhaps your father - or some one of age can contact me on
    your behalf.

Cheers !

1 person likes this.
  3. monrosm@shrewsb

monrosm@shrewsb Junior Member

Thankyou

I have emailed you!

4. messabout

messabout Senior Member

Stefan;
    I wish you well with the "different" design. That said, I will suggest that the possibility of having a boat design that has not been tried is miniscule. There are many very smart people who have been at the boat design business for years. Hundreds of years actually.

Most revolutionary designs have one or more fatal flaws. Boats are, by virtue of the medium in which they operate, a system of compromises. The laws of physics are always in effect and work, without fail, to thwart our best intentions.

This is not to say that every good idea has been tried, but it is not likely that anything of signifigant worth has not been done several times over. That reality should not be used as an excuse to stop looking for better ways. Best of luck

Gene

5. RANCHI OTTO

RANCHI OTTO Naval Architect

I had the same problem...but with a lot of luck and obstinacy I've found a shipyard where build my first ASD (Arrow System Design).

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.