Seacock Upgrade

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Islander14, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Islander14

Islander14 New Member

I'm pulling my boat out of the water soon for the winter and was planning to replace my seacocks. I have three on the boat and was debating replacing them with these,

http://www.kzvalve.com/marine.php

Has anyone tried these before? My seacocks are in a hard to reach area of the bilge and I was thinking I would close them more often if it was easier to do. Any thoughts on the matter would be much appreciated.

2. gonzo

gonzo Senior Member

I think it is mainly sales hype. If you can't reach the seacock, you are not going to be able to inspect the hose, clamps and any other fittings, which are usually what fails.

3. Poida

Poida Senior Member

One would assume that with something manufactured to that standard they would be reliable. It looks as if the can be supplied with a control unit that could possibly open and close the valves when the engine is started or shut down.

You would also want feedback to enable you to see if the valves are actually open or not, during the operation of the engine.

Certainly a good idea to enable the valves to be shut quickly should a problem occur with hosing etc.

4. Greybarn

Greybarn Junior Member

Forespar has a similar thing available for their Marelon seacocks. We always use the Forespar seacocks and have used their version with the electric motor.

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.