SD - SailDesign...

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by Sean Herron, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Sean Herron

Sean Herron Senior Member

Hello...

I would like to have your input on the DEFIANT - my redesign of Matt Laydens' PARADOX - I am seriously considering it for a 'next build'...

I know it is mostly a plagerism of ideas - but the concept of the boat suits my needs at the moment - living in a condo - a Toyota sports car for a tow vehicle - sky rocketing marina fees due mostly to what I call 'The Olympic Clearout' and my own 'soul searching'...

I have built and owned dinghies - had fun - got old and became an alcoholic by choice - no longer athletic - had a few larger boats - got a crick in my neck from sitting sideways and looking forward and realized I don't have time to really go anywhere - when I do - I fly...

So the DEFIANT seems to fit the bill - at least the 'how will I use it' design brief...

I would like to know what you think of it otherwise - and I can take criticism - well not really - but I am open to it in this case...:)

SH.

2. MarkC

MarkC Senior Member

A great project in my opinion!

Build it of aluminium?

3. SailDesign

SailDesign Old Phart! Stay upwind..

Sean,
    Alrthough I am not a "box boat" afficianado, DEFIANT looks like a good one. I won't comment on things like stability and sailability, since you as the designer should be doing that. BUT.... If the boat fits, build it. I have been reading up on the beasties since you started burbling about them, and they are a) popular and b) seem to work (the "why" of that still slides by me).
    Go for it, Sean.
    Steve

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.