Boat Design Forums  |  Boat Design Directory  |  Boat Design Gallery  |  Boat Design Book Store  |  Thanks to Our Site Sponsors
Old 05-06-2016, 12:33 PM

Rep: 24 Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumble View Post
Unik,

1) on the transom at least cut away the bridge over the tiller. Just this would make the boat far more usable at rest. A full on open transom maybe a nice option, but as a sock I would get this cut out.

2) for sail area, you list 22m^2 at a weight of 1.15 tons. Compare this to a J-22 with 21m^2 of sail area and a weight of 1800lbs. I am concerned that your boat is going to be seriously underpowered, particularly if you expect to have four campers onboard.

Take a look at the Seascape 24 rig as a comparison. It uses a non-tapered carbon tube, no spreaders, and a very square top sail. The cost compared to an aluminium rig was something in the $500 range, but lighter, easier to step, simple, and with its tripod stays very stable.

Rwatson

The additional cost of the farrier boom system is probably around $150 or so once you buy the boom extrusion. It's a very simple furling system that works quite well on small boats.

1.15 tonnes is the total displacement including 4 crew members, in my opinion this is enough for comfortable travel.

Seascape 24 very nice boat but it has a completely different ideology, is built from lightweight composite materials and are designed for reaching high speeds.

And I'm designing the boat set itself other tasks, simplicity of construction and the best possible comfort on Board, though in such a small size that it is difficult to reach
Old 05-06-2016, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alik View Post
The design looks nice and quite packed with everything. But I would look at performance rather than beds and headroom on this size.

I don't see the point for amateur construction of boat that duplicates mainstream production models. Such boat can be bought on secondary market for the fraction of price one would spend building boat on his own (including working time and buying parts).

Amateurs build boats for one or few of reasons:

1. Cost; this means that building boat should be muck cheaper than buying similar size craft; say Wharram catamarans. Simple designs!

2. Passion to build boats by their own hands. They want such boats be visible and they want take pride of their work' not likely they want the boat look like a production one. Beautiful designs!

3. Specific/unique features and customization, not available on existing production boats. Unique/special designs!

What features are behind this design?...
Hi Albert

I agree with you it is fairly inexpensive to find the boat on the secondary market, but still there are people who want to build a boat with their hands.

The boat project I created at the request of my friend who wanted to build a boat with his sons in a small room.

He spent a lot of time searching for a suitable project but all he found was designed many years ago. He wanted a modern boat with a simple design which can be built using cut on the CNC parts.

The basic idea is that the boat is built like a puzzle, and to build the necessary minimum set of hand tools.
Old 05-06-2016, 01:09 PM

Option the boat with a modified transom, allows you to raise the tiller to a vertical position during Parking to free up space in the cockpit
Attached Thumbnails
Sailing yacht designed for self build-17.jpg  
Old 08-16-2016, 08:42 AM

Construction began on the 800 Lion, kit set, of the progress of the construction will be put in the forum a full report on the construction of the website UNIK YACHTS

http://unikyachts.com/en/lion-800-construction/

Old 04-06-2017, 02:21 PM

Rep: 10 Posts: 3
Good evening everyone, if someone can affect I propose a construction Plan for modern sailboat 7m (22 ft)
Hull Beam 2.7m (8.7 ft), upon request any size
modern lines and classic deckhouse
affordable price
any length available
Hoping to please have a nice evening