Sailboat RAIDER 18

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by holygrounder, May 5, 2005.

1. holygrounder

holygrounder New Member

Hi Folks,
    Could anyone tell me about a boat called the Raider 18. She is a trailer sailer designed by John Hawkins in the UK. Am trying to find out who bulids (or did) build her and want to know where there are any of these boats.
    Holygrounder :) :cool:

2. Doug Lord

Doug Lord Guest

3. holygrounder

holygrounder New Member

Raider 18

Thanks for info on dinghy database but still no info on Raider 18 on this. Designeer is as far as I know Chris Hawkins who was responsible for GK 24 and Hawk 20- I also believe he is an ex MP. The boat layout is almost identical to the Hawk 20 but the hull shape is different- she has no chines - just smooth bilges and bow is not raked as much as Hawk 20. So am still looking for any info on this boat.

4. Andy

Andy Senior Member

Seem to think the Raider was designed by Ian Proctor...late 1980's IIRC. She was built by Moores of Wroxham who were also building Wayfarers at the time and Optimists too.

Andy

5. Andy

Andy Senior Member

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.