roberts 43 conversion

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by wayne nicol, Oct 8, 2016.

1. wayne nicol

wayne nicol Senior Member

i have access to a brand new 43 in steel - uncompleted- set up for a sloop rig- is it possible/ feasible to reconfigure the sail plan to a gaff schooner rig. access to the keel is dead easy right now- being incomplete as it is- to remove the current mast compression post- and build two new ones.
    has this been done before- are there plans out there for this change-
    next step might be a na- but just looking for some feedback

2. Barry

Barry Senior Member

I suspect that the original plans had the options for a sloop rig,
    Contact Roberts for information
    It would be easier than designing it from scratch if it has already been done

3. waikikin

waikikin Senior Member

You might want to contact Fine Line in Australia, they own the early designs & still support, the 45 has an option for schooner.. lots of the original "design" material from BR was quite generic in detailing & adaptable, I'm sure Fineline can supply drawings at some cost.
    http://www.finelineboatplans.com/br...ns-40-65ft/bruce-roberts-classic-45-boat-plan

They also have some workshop drawings available for rudder mods that seem to be necessary.

Regards from Jeff

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.