Reverse Lofting a boat

Discussion in 'Boat Design' started by WHumphreys, Aug 2, 2009.

1. keith66

keith66 Senior Member

Alan Vaitses wrote a first class book on lofting, still available it used Araminta as an example.
    To try to explain further on the fairing issue, Autocad or at least the version that was being used could fair a line but would make the line run through all the points on that line it would not shift any unless the operator did so, this resulted in hollows & bumps on the hull, the small scale of the computer screen means the inaccuracies cant be seen and when scaled up to full size become huge. Marine design software is meant to draw & fair large compound curved surfaces like boat hulls & often has the capability to check this built in.
    It was simply a case of wrong tool for the job & an engineer who would not listen to the boatbuilder!

2. Guest62110524

Guest62110524 Previous Member

smile listen to US my son

3. peter radclyffe

peter radclyffe Senior Member

i used to have that book, an american stole it from me

4. keith66

keith66 Senior Member

The trouble with Engineers is if it aint bust it obviously doesnt have enough features yet!

5. wardd

wardd Senior Member

which american ?

there are a couple dozen of us

Forum posts represent the experience, opinion, and view of individual users. Boat Design Net does not necessarily endorse nor share the view of each individual post.
When making potentially dangerous or financial decisions, always employ and consult appropriate professionals. Your circumstances or experience may be different.